Sunday, July 11, 2010

Intimidated

This new blog is a little intimidating to me. As it is I haven't been posting as much as usual on my regular blog, since life just seems to get busier and busier. Making time for another blog, especially one with such an important theme, seems a little overwhelming. On the other hand, I'm glad I've started this. So far, I know of no one who has actually looked at this, so it is kind of like a fun little secret.

I am really hooked on Catholic aps for my ipod. I have a full "page" of them, including a visual rosary, an audio rosary, many with prayers, and some with Catholic questions and answers. I got 100% on a Catholic ipod quiz the other day. If I know so much, why can I not produce a reasonable, well thoughout response when questioned about my faith? Ugh!!

I am also hooked on Catholic podcasts. Especially http://new.catholicmom.com/catholic-moments-podcast/ and http://itunes.apple.com/podcast/faith-family-live-podcast/id309801957.

After 40 years, I am only now beginning to scratch the surface of what it means to be Catholic. Here are the words to my favorite prayer. Something I've heard priests say all my life and only recently began to appreciate...

Deliver us, Lord, from every evil, and grant us peace in our day. In your mercy keep us free from sin and protect us from all anxiety as we wait in joyful hope for the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ.