Thursday, October 7, 2010

rant continued

Nice title for a Faith blog huh? Sadly, I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle. The latest drama is that a major heresy was taught in Madi's Religious Ed class last night. This one event is sparking a whole host (pun intended) of other issues, both in my own mind and in reality. It only happened a little over 12 hours ago! So to continue on the last topic. There are people willing to teach our kids, who clearly don't have the knowledge of the faith to do it properly, and there are people with love, knowledge, and passion for the Church who seem to have no interest or no time to share it with others and never the two shall meet. I'm not sure how it is happening that I seem to be in the middle of this, but apparrently I am taking this on as my current mission. There are so many levels of frustration with this. Not the least of which is it leads to gossip, which I am trying to avoid like the plague, but it keeps finding me. When I hear, from my own daughter, that something so wrong is being taught, I must in good conscience share it with others who are/will be affected by it. Plus, obviously, the 'higher ups' need to know as well.

I have this deep feeling that we are on the cusp of a huge "Catholic revival". In so many ways I feel like our parish is playing a great role in this. There are, however, some serious issues that need to be worked out first. In addition to this rather large issue at hand, I just got information that the church is no longer taking registrations for Religious Ed this year. Seriously? What is this saying to people?! Aren't we supposed to be trying to bring more people in?! I guess maybe they are all part of the same issue. If we had more teachers (and let me add, more people who know what they are talking about) then we could accomodate more students. In the meantime, even though my 5th grade class doubled in size between week one and week two, I will make it clear to the 'higher ups' that I am most definitely accepting new students.

Now that I got that out (at least a little), I need to pray about all of this, and would greatly appreciate your prayers as well.